HALO Horticultural Benefits
- A higher growth rate due to an increase in photosynthesis by up to 25% (this is particularly noticed when growing under lights). In addition, the nutrient uptake in plants is also increased. Ultimately HALO provides value to growers by increasing yield and fruit quality.
- Activates growth mechanisms that result in improved plant vigour, increased plant stamina and an improved stress-defence response.
- Activates cell wall expansion, cell elongation, protein and sugar transport and promotes flower initiation, fruit set and size.
- Activates defence mechanisms increasing the plant’s ability to defend itself against certain viral, bacterial and fungal plant diseases.
- Pre-harvest applications reduce the incidence of botrytis (bud rot) and extends crop shelf-life.
- Increases fruit sugars, tests have demonstrated increases of over 35% in Gala apples, for example.
- Increased calcium uptake through the roots by more than 20%.
- An increase in vegetative growth when applied in the growth phase of a plant.
- Offers some frost protection on blossoming crops.
- In trials it has been found that In seed treatments HALO reduces the number of nematode eggs among plant roots by an average 50% or more.
Read more »